Whatz da twitter??

    follow me on Twitter

    Pick a Poison

    Thursday, April 30, 2009

    Rant of the day- I Love Vimeo!!!

    We all have that friend that we trust more than anyone else. That person that we know will always give us good advice and is always up for that warm-fuzzy term "quality time"...

    Well the net equivalent of that for me is Vimeo. Forget that back-alley prostitute quality you get from You Tube. Vimeo is about quality on-line video- hell, they even do HD! There are some amazing videographers and film-makers out there and I know that Vimeo will always deliver the good stuff for me. I once spent 8 hours straight on Vimeo, and you can do it easy, trust me! There are the options of downloading the videos as well (if the artist allows it) and the layout is more art gallery than drug den...

    The internet is filling up rapidly with crappy camera phone clips showing dogs licking balls and old grannies doing, well, nothing special and it all shits me to tears. Have we really got to the point where quantity overrules quality just because it's easy? The philosophy behind Cult-of-Pop is that we seek out quality (even it is happens to be on YouTube on the odd occassion) because we are tired of crap. Period. We must be one of the first generations in history ever to be brought up on absolute crap. It's time to install some quality back into the market and that, my friends (in a round about way), is why I love Vimeo......


    Nyle "Let The Beat Build" from Nyle on Vimeo.


    Oil in Water from Shawn Knol on Vimeo.

    The video quality here is outstanding, and with full screen mode and HD level recording there is finally something worth watching on the net!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment